This week, Cardiff & Vale Health Charity and the Arts for Health and Wellbeing Team have been celebrating the NHS’ 75th birthday!
To mark this phenomenal milestone, here’s what’s been going on:
- Masters Students at the University of South Wales created a bespoke performance for patients and staff within Mental Health Services for Older People at University Hospital Llandough.
- Dr Keith Wilson and Staff Nurse Jenny Jones were announced as the winners of the Nominate for a Portrait competition.
- Geraint Evans’ ‘Dawns Bywyd’ artwork was unveiled at University Hospital Llandough.
- Live Music Now performed at the University Hospital of Wales, and University Hospital Llandough, whilst Tenovus choir sang at Cardiff Royal Infirmary.
- Michelle Fowler, Head of Patient Experience was announced as July’s Health Hero. She’ll be marking 40 years in the NHS next February!
- Morrisons Cardiff Bay store held a big tea fundraiser, with a wonderful afternoon tea hamper raffle, and guess the teabags in the jar game.
- A few wards held their own Big Teas.
- The staff raffle has been drawn and the winners notified.