A big WOW to Natasha Barton, nurse on ward B6 in University Hospital of Wales. Natasha is aiming to raise £1,000 in sponsorship for her patients by taking part in:
- The Porthcawl Triathlon on Sunday 11 June – less than 48 hours away!
- The Cardiff Triathlon (full distance!) on Sunday 25 June
- The Long Course Weekend (Ironman over 3 days) in Tenby, on Friday 7 to Sunday 9 July
- Ride London on Sunday 30 July
- The Tenby Ironman on Sunday 10 September
- AND, last but not least, the Cardiff Half Marathon on Sunday 2 October!
Natasha started competing in triathlons only last year. She said, “In 2015 I learnt to swim properly without keeping my head out of the water! Then I took up road cycling in August 2015 and I loved it, though I was petrified on descents. I also began running regularly in October 2015 – unfortunately running is my weakest discipline.
“I love training and currently do ten hours a week. I don’t train on days I work on the ward anymore, ever since the day I wore a pedometer and it showed I’d walked 18km and burnt 1,600kcal in a single 12.5 hour shift – which is nearly as long as a full Ironman anyway!”
You can contribute to Natasha’s fundraising total here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Tasha-Barton2. All donations to the Health Charity are spent by senior doctors and nurses on items that will benefit our patients. Thank you so much Natasha, for committing to these challenges and raising money for ward B6!